Re: Displaying SQL*PLUS buffer?

From: Tony Damon <bfntd_at_aimnet.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

Tom Gillespie (tgillesp_at_ms13.mis.semi.harris.com) wrote:
:
: Does anyone know of a way to display the contents of the query buffer in
: SQL*PLUS _BEFORE_ I run the query ? I know how to list the buffer AFTER
: I run a query, but I want to display it before the query is executed.
: Turning on spooling just redirects the output, not the buffer contents.
:
: I want to run an SQL script and have the query printed in the log file
: followed by the query's output. (This is real easy to do in Ingres!)
:
: Thanks ahead,
:

Two ways. Use RUN to execute the query instead of "/" or ";".

          Type "L" or "LIST" at the sqlplus prompt.

Tony Damon Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message