Q: Some questions on PL/SQL

From: Ron Levenberg <ral_at_cc.bellcore.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

Two of us are using WOW and PL/SQL to develop a set of dynamic web  pages. We've been using packages, but have discovered that it's difficult for two people to be working concurrently since their seems to be no way to easily segment a package across two developers. We're thinking that perhaps the way to go would be to skip packages and just use stored PL/SQL procedures, each maintained in a separate UNIX source file. What have been your experiences?

Also, we can't figure out how to call a regular (non-packaged) stored procedure from within a package. It's easy enough for a stored procedure to call a packaged procedure, but is there a way to go in the other direction?

Seems that packages would be used for stored fairly static logic, and perhaps stored (non-packaged) procedures would be used for more dynamically changing logic, like the latest version of a report program.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

Ron Levenberg - ral_at_cc.bellcore.com Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message