Re: READ-ONLY Tables and Views

From: Robert Goodwin <robert.goodwin_at_msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1996/01/18

In article <4dl8q9$aco_at_sol.zynet.net>,

   Ellard_at_DMLIS.zynet.co.uk (Ross Ellard) wrote:

> I have a vague recollection that a note was posted in this newsgroup a
>few months ago talking about an undocumented SQL extension to the
>CREATE TABLE or CREATE VIEW command that made the respective object
>READ-ONLY.
>
> We have a need to create both types of objects as READ_ONLY objects so
>can anybody remind me of the original posting?

I don't know about a way to create a table or view as read-only, but you can certainly set up your grants to allow read-only: GRANT SELECT ON ....

Robert Goodwin            |
New Technology, Inc.      |
Huntsville, AL            | robert.goodwin_at_msfc.nasa.gov