Re: Creating entity relationship diagrams from Oracle database

From: Bob Blizard <rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com>
Date: 1996/01/18

AS you have seen already, there are lots of tools out there. I have just started using Designer2000, and have to say it is *slick*. I was able to reverse engineer from tables to entities in 20 minutes.

rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com (Steve Lemme) wrote:

>In article <30F2B9C2.58A5_at_cincom.com>, "Brian M. Biggs"
><bbiggs_at_cincom.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a simple tool available for importing the Oracle data
>> dictionary information and constructing an entity relationship diagram
>> for a set of tables?
>>
>> We ported our application from another database and did not start from
>> scratch with any kind of CASE tool. We would like to have an entity
>> relationship diagram for documentation purposes and would like to work
>> backwards from the table definitions and relationships which we already
>> have defined in the database.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Brian
>>
>> --
>> Brian M. Biggs mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
>> Cincom Systems, Inc. voice: (513) 677-7661
>> http://www.cincom.com/
>

>Try DBview from INFOgy!. Great tool for ER relationships. Also has a lot
>of other features. Speak with Shawn Kirby for a demo
>

>Steve Lemme
>DBA Systems Manager
>Motorola MOS12
>
>--
>When you are in it up to your ears....
>Keep your mouth shut!
>rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com

Bob Blizard rblizard_at_bb.cmcsys.com | All these worthwhile

CMC Systems, Inc.                      | opinions are mine, and
175 Littleton Rd Westford, MA 01886 | not necessarily CMC's... Ph (508) 392-1300 Fax (508) 392-1303 | "If you want to park in the first row of life, you must go there first." Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message