Re: ? oracle7 listener fails to start

From: Tim King <tking_at_gw.dot.state.ny.us>
Date: 1996/01/18

In article <4cva1m$bac_at_tsunami.traveller.com>, rpollard_at_Traveller.COM says...

>I don't know if you have your answer yet but I have a problem similar to
>yours in Solaris when I try to start lsnrctl. For some reason, and I
>haven't researched it yet, it takes 2 to 3 times of attempting the
>startup before it will finally launch. I use the command with the start
>argument from the os prompt. I hope this helps. As soon as I figure
>out why it does not startup immediately I will post this information.

I look forward to reading your solution. I've experienced this exact problem on Solaris 2.3. I even went so far as to put a .sh script together to get me to the directory where the command resides (it seems to matter?) and execute exactly the same command sequence every time, and still I must make several attempts. Since this is currently a test database, I've even bounced it and then tried to bring the listener up. Sometimes this even works, but it may be coincidence. I wouldn't think this would be an acceptable solution for a production database, either way. Since my experience thus far is mostly Prime (yeah, the dinosaur), IBM VM mainframe and DOS/Windows 3.1, I doubt I'll come up with a solution for this problem on my own very soon! Good luck in the hunt! Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message