Re: scheduling an operation for a later time usin sql or ..

From: Richard Ramirez <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

rkhurana_at_slip.net (Rajeev Khurana) wrote:
>Hi,
>I am trying to find a command in sql or sqlplus which will help me
>schedule some operations. for e.g. start printing contents of a huge
>table at midnight.
>If anyone has any suggestions please mail a response to:
>rkhurana_at_slip.net or post it on this newsgroup.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-rajeev.

The package DBMS_JOB allows you to schedule procedures to be executed at a specific time or interval.

The bad news is that it seems to be supported only on 7.2.6. We tried it using 7.1 under AIX and we had some problems. We now use crontab.

Richard Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message