Re: MS Access & Oracle ODBC "Query Too Complex" message when more than 10 tables joined

From: David Lambert <dlambert_at_froglit.scitele.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

Paul Christopher wrote:

> Keith Matthews wrote:
> >
> > I cannot perform a complex query without the "Query too complex" message
> > from Access 2.0.
> > I am using v1.11.0.5.0 of the Oracle v7.0 ODBC driver.
> > Any ideas please
> > Keith Matthews

I was able to fix a "query too complex" condition by upgrading from the 2.0 Jet engine to the 2.5 version (The jet engine DLLs include MSAJT200 and a couple others. I think you can download from Microsoft). A couple of caveats:
(1) I wasn't using ODBC, so I don't know if this will work for you.
(2) A query like this may be generating tremendous amounts of lan traffic - you may want to check on this.

--
-Dave Lambert
 dlambert_at_froglit.scitele.com