Re: Oracle Training Opinion

From: Tom Gillespie <tgillesp_at_ms13.mis.semi.harris.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

Mark Wagoner (mwagoner_at_iac.net) wrote:
: I have used Oracle's own training classes and have found them pretty
: useful. However, my boss wants to cut costs so we are looking at 3rd
: party training. Has anyone used any of these and, if so, how do they
: compare to Oracle?

: Thanks

: --
: Mark Wagoner
: mwagoner_at_iac.net

I have taken training class from ORACLE and 3rd parties, and I think the quality of the class is almost completely dependant on the teacher. Good teacher, good class. Stanky teacher, you get the point.

One word of advice: don't try to condense a class or classes. My company, in an effort to save money, had ORACLE combine their DBA I and DBA II classes (two weeks) into a single one-week class, for our novice DBA's. Needless to say, it didn't go very well. You get what you pay for.

--
 Tom Gillespie                                                 -   -
 Harris Semiconductor                                         | | | |

 E Pluribus UNIX