Re: Export to Tape - How?

From: Mark Nielsen <mnielse_at_wilma.uswnvg.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

Why?
I've done this in the past when the size of the (full) export was greater than the 2 GB file size limit on my system.

Mark Nielsen
Consultant

Jared Still (jared_at_valleynet.com) wrote:
: badri_at_cc.gatech.edu (badri) wrote:

: >Hi:

: > Could someone help me with a script that will
: >export to tape instead of to a file? Please excuse me if this
: >is an FAQ.

: >thanks a lot,

: >-Badri

: More imporant than how: Why?

: How will you verify that the tape is any good? There will be no file
: for your verify operation to check!

: Why not export to a file; copy to file to tape; if good, copy to tape;
: verify tape; delete file.

: Jared Still, Oracle DBA
: RxNet, Division of Value Health
: "All opinions are mine, not my employers"
: jared_at_valleynet.com