Re: Accessing Sybase from ORACLE

From: Thomas J Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/17

"Matteo R. diTommaso" <ditommaso_at_ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

Check out
http://www.oracle.com/info/products/gateways.html

For info on the Oracle Gateway to Sybase. Does what you describe below.

Is this is a one off dump and not a recurring event, you may want to bcp out of Sybase and sqlldr into Oracle.

>Is there a straightforward way to connect to a sybase database from ORACLE for
>select. I would like to be able to connect and use data in the Sybase
>database to populate tables in ORACLE.

>What is this barely documented Intersolv product that showed up on the
>Developer 2000 CD?

>Thanks for any assistance,

>Matteo diTommaso
>ditommaso_at_ebi.ac.uk

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government Received on Wed Jan 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message