Re: When to use multi-threaded server

From: Nick Keeman <nick_at_bart.nl>
Date: 1996/01/17

In article <38085.machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>,

   "Cherie Machler" <machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu> wrote:
>Many people have indicated interest in getting responses to
>this post but I have not gotten a single response. Any one
>have any experience with this topic?
>
>Cherie
>

>Cherie Machler
>machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu

Cherie,

We have 3 productions machines and 3 production databases, each with about 150 concurrent users. We decided not to use MTS allthough it would save some memory because its not good for the performance and it makes the instance more complex and because of this there are more production-stops.

If your machine doesn't have enough internal memory then use it or buy more memory. If you need more performance then don't use.

       ////
      (o o)
Nick Keeman       | The Golden rule:                    | email   nick_at_bart.nl
The Hague         | He who has the gold makes the rules | Voice +31-70-3466029
The Netherlands   |                                     |   Fax +31-70-3463418