Re: Upgrade to Forms4.5/Designer2000 keeping CASE5.0

From: A Speed <speedy_at_gil.ipswichcity.qld.gov.au>
Date: 1996/01/16

We are looking at upgrading to Forms4.5 and Designer2000 from CASE5.0 and Forms3.0.

Background: We are a site that has mostly character based terminals and some networked PC's. Our main application runs under 7.1.4 and consists of 500+ SQL*Forms, 150 Cobol programs plus sql and rpt reports. We would be making the move to run Forms4.5 in character mode on the server. Development would take place on PC's.

With the need to maintain the existing system while the conversion takes place, I have been advised that I could upgrade the CASE product to Designer2000 and keep a copy in the same database of CASE5.0 for maintainance work.
Is this advisable or should I create a new database ( V7.2.2 ) and copy the CASE5.0 tables from the 7.1.4 database, then upgrade in the second database.

Thank you Received on Tue Jan 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message