Re: Which MsWindows TCP/IP is better for Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP

From: Antony Sampson <sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au>
Date: 1996/01/15

Martin Jörg <joerg_at_birag.ch> wrote:

>> >The tcpip stack in win95 and windows nt works fine for us.
>> >

>> What about Trumpet Winsock? My idea is to have Trumpet running under
>> Windows 3.11 with an Oracle server on a Linux machine. I have a long
>> way to go on getting the server up and running so there is no hurry on
>> this but would appreciate comments.

>The tcp/ip stack in win95/NT as well on wfw3.11 (same implementation) works also fine for us and
>last but not least, dont forget some other benefits:

>- Cost: 0$
>- very easy to configure
>- bether integrated in windows than any other stack i have seen

I think Trumpet would be a pretty bad choice, From my home use I have found it to be pretty unreliable once the connection has been up for more than a couple of hours. We use the stack provided with nt here at my work and it's seems pretty fine.

cheers,

Tony Sampson
DBA/software terrorist, South Australian Government Financing Authority sampson_at_dtf.sa.gov.au
                   The unnatural, that too is natural.
                                  Goethe