(wrong string)  SQL*Net 2.1: Very slow starting database, logging on, selecting.

From: Almut Herzog <al-her_at_sectra.se>
Date: 1996/01/15

Hi,

I installed WS 2000 (Oracle 7.1.3.3.3) with SQL*Net 2.1 on Windows NT 3.5. It takes 10 minutes to start the database (client on the same host!), 5 minutes to log on and 25 seconds to execute "select * from emp;". I find no error messages in any log files though.

Everything went fine and quick when I by mistake loaded SQL*Net v1 (but I cannot use that version...).

Anyone recognize that problem? Any help appreciated. Oracle support is at a loss, too, and blames it on my NT machine :-( (new and unused except for ORACLE installations, 32MB RAM, 120MHz, Compaq Pentium), well...

Almut

--
Almut Herzog                          email:al-her_at_sectra.se
SECTRA - Secure Transmission AB