Printer Configuration in ORACLE REPORTS 2.0

From: Vladimir Filipov <Vladimir.N.Filipov_at_seisy.mail.abb.com>
Date: 1996/01/15

Question number one:

        I want to run a report when a push-button is pressed in Oracle Forms 4.0. The report will be printed on a predefined printer (a simple matrix printer). I have tryed to send parameters (DESTYPE, DESNAME, DESFORMAT and PAGESIZE) to Oracle Reports 2.0 about the printer connected. But the report will always be truncated on more than 80 characters per row !

Question number two:

        I want some printers to be used by Oracle Reports 2.0. One of the printers will be selected default (if user don't select another one in the list box with connected printers). When I start Oracle Reports in RUNTIME mode (in the RUN_PRODUCT() call) from Oracle Forms 4.0 the standard printing selection can be performed. But the user must remember to enter PAGE SETUP Form to configurate the caracteristic about the printer, otherwise the report will be truncated. I want to configurate this only once so the user don't have to. Have you some solution of this standard printer selection or do you prefer to create your own printer selection form and sending the selection to Oracle Reports by parameters ?

--
Vladimir.N.Filipov_at_seisy.mail.abb.com