Re: DataBase program for Web site

From: Thunderstone <bart_at_iris.thunderstone.com>
Date: 1996/01/15

Hugo Acosta writes:

> I need know if there is a pre-designed software program (UNIX based I
> believed) that can act as
> a Database Search engine in a specific Web site, where it could
> manipulate (search and query)
> specific data that is periodically updated and input from an external
> source.

[...SNIP...]

> HUGO ACOSTA

We have a couple of solutions for you:

Either you could use our Texis RDBMS for the Web site or Webinator Web indexer.

Texis is a SQL RDBMS with Full-Text retrieval, .DBF import ability,and a Web interface.

The Webinator is a Web Walking site index program. ( It has the advantage of having a free version too).

I wont waste a lot of space here describing them futher, see:

http://www.thunderstone.com/ (General Product Information) or
http://www.thunderstone.com/webinator ( Web Walker / Indexer )

Thanks,
Bart Richards
bart_at_thunderstone.com Received on Mon Jan 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message