Re: Moving tables from one tablespace to another

From: Brian Graham <GrahamB_at_psac.com>
Date: 1996/01/14

In article <4d0ql0$ss2_at_madison.tdsnet.com>, Martin Stoddard <martin.stoddard_at_teldta.com> says:

>Not a problem, Just pre-create the objects in the desired
>tablespace of the target database. If you don't have the create scripts
>you can spool them from the dictionary tables. (If you don't have the
>script to do that, email me and I can send them to you)

You could also use export/import to do the trick. The only caveat is DBA priviledges. Make sure its turned off (if the account had it) prior to export, and that the importing account has no resource privilege for that tablespace. The import will then be in the new (user's default) tablespace. Then reset the account privileges as appropriate.

--
Brian