Re: Oracle on NT: DEC Alpha or Compaq Proliant???

From: Kees Verruijt <kees_at_redwood.nl>
Date: 1996/01/13

Lisa Roderick wrote:
> It isn't true. Oracle on Alpha NT is currently is 32-bit. The Big Oracle Blocks
> capability (up to 64K) is only on Digital UNIX (for now).

And I haven't heard of Microsoft announcing a Win64 api yet ;-)

PS: Oracle has two enhancements currently for the 64-bit Digital Unix boxes: large Oracle blocks (which should be possible on 32 bit platforms as well) and huge SGA. For this last feature you need a 64 bit machine since a 32 bit platform implies a 4GB virtual memory space (at most).

Bye,
Kees Verruijt Received on Sat Jan 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message