V2 Migration Questions

From: badri <badri_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1996/01/13

Hi:

  1. We recently moved to Sql*Net V2. I noticed that we have to first type "lsnrctl", then type "start". Can this be done in 1 step? Could I type "lsnrctl start" to start it (it did not seem to work - may be I am missing someting).
  2. I was told that there is no upward compatibility of V1 connect strings to V2, i.e., we have to replace all occurrences of V1 connect strings with V2 connect strings. Even for our medium size database (16GB), the applications are so many that It is too much trouble to find every V1 occurrence and update it. How are netters coping with this? Is there a smarter way of typing in V1 connect strings and making the V2 listener automatically interpret it as V2?

Please help,

thanks a lot,

-Badri Received on Sat Jan 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message