Problem with osql3 / oparse

From: Torsten Spellerberg <torst_at_wolf.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 1996/01/13

Hi,

we encountered a problem with our NT clients accessing a 7.0 Oracle database via tcp/ip.

Some code that produces no problems under OS/2 leads to strange effects when compiled under NT.

We use a call to "osql3" to open a cursor. This call is performed every minute or so. On a NT client the execution time gets longer and longer over the time. That is, from not noticeble to about 30 seconds. This effect occurs only under NT, not under OS/2. I would be glad if anybody had an idea what went wrong.

The call is:

osql3( cursor, string, -1 );

Thanx
  Torsten

PS: Our Oracle consultant just tells us to wait for the next version... :-(

--
email: torst_at_i3.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
smail: Torsten Spellerberg, Lehrstuhl f. Informatik III