Re: Question: Replicating Oracle databases. How?

From: Norman M. <GregC_at_megaweb.com>
Date: 1996/01/13

ae64_at_dial.pipex.com (Paul Franklin) wrote:

> I am currently planning to implement a large worldwide distributed
>environment. Initially Oracles Symmetric Replication looked like a
>solution but it is not available for DEC Alpha until RDBMS v7.3. Are
>there any alternatives apart from waiting or "home growing" a
>solution.

> Any relevant information would be appreciated.

If you have a gateway to RDBMS which can be used by Sybase's Replication Server, you can use that together with Sybase's Replication Agent for Oracle (due out soon to support Oracle 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2) to replicate your data.

Greg Carter Received on Sat Jan 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message