Re: Any Good Reporting Tools that support ORACLE?

From: RPSnyder <rpsnyder_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/01/13

   I have completed an evaluation of and have been using Impromptu from Cognos. It is not a grid based tool like Crystal Reports or Borland's ReportSmith, rather it uses an edit in place metaphor. In designing the report you work with the report as it looks when it is run. Each report is based upon what Impromptu calls a catalog which is essentially a data dictionary that you construct. In the catalog you can create derived values and data filters using Impromptu's extensive function library. I have worked with Crystal version 4.5 and Access 2.0 and I have found Impromptu to have the shortest development time by far of the three.

Ric Snyder
Wyeth-Ayerst Research Received on Sat Jan 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message