Re: Power Objects QBF

From: Mohamad Nazri Shuib <mnshuib_at_gware.po.my>
Date: 1996/01/12

cisco_at_netins.net (Peter Bowers) wrote:
>How do I execute a query by form from a button within a form in Power
>Objects? I don't want to use the button on the toolbar and there doesn't
>seem to be a method for this.

If I am not mistaken, you have to manually write Oracle Basic codes to do this, you must not bind your text fields to any database columns, which leads you to have to manually control the recordset.

That means you have to create a recordset, set you Query based on user-entered criteria. You would have on your form a button for query, which will set the condition of the recordset, next, previous, first and last for record navigation. You can also put Insert and Delete button if you want.

The above are strictly my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Mohamad Nazri Shuib                     E-mail: mnshuib_at_gware.po.my
GroupWare 2000 Sdn Bhd                  Tel: (603) 253-5331
19G Medan Setia 1                       Fax: (603) 253-9927
Plaza Damansara
Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
MALAYSIA