Re: Restoration of DB to pre-test state ???

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1996/01/12

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Jim Bowden wrote:
> We would like to know the smoothest way to capture an
> Oracle database at a point in time, conduct a series of
> tests and then restore the database to the pre-test
> condition.

Sounds like a cold backup before the test with a restore afterwards. That will be the smoothest and cleanest. Now, if you are using 100+ Gigs for a test database, well....

I presume you are using the OFA as documented in the installation manual (with a couple of good articles in recent ORACLE MAGAZINE issues). Using the OFA will make the backup script a snap.

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Fri Jan 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message