Converting Forms 4.0 -> 4.5, WfW 3.11 & GPF

From: Leif Karsten Klepp <leifkle_at_powertech.no>
Date: 1996/01/11

I'm in the process of converting some 60 Oracle Forms 4.0 windows (modules) to Oracle Forms 4.5, but am experiencing a few problems in getting the modules to run satisfactory.

The apllication (made up from some 60 Forms 4.0 windows) runs perfectly happy on Windows for Workgroups 3.11, SQL*Net TCP/IP and Forms 4.0.13. The conversion itself from 4.0 to 4.5 does not generate any error messages during compilation/generating. However, when I try to run the application, I get a GPF as soon as my module calls one particular library-procedure.

I have tried to replace the procedure with a dummy one, move it into another library, etc., but I keep getting the GPF. Using message-calls inside both the module and the offending library procedure, I've been able to pinpoint the crash-site to the call itself. I get the last message before the call, but not the message that is the first command in the offending procedure.

The exact Windows-error message displayed is:

F45RUN caused an application error in module DE15WIN.DLL at 004B:0597.

Has anybody experienced this situation before, and been able to resolve it?

I might add that we're using Forms 4.5.6.3.3 (release 1.1 of Developer 2000).

Any and all answers welcome,

Leif K.

--
Leif Karsten Klepp, Consultant
E-Mail: leifkle_at_powertech.no

The view(s) presented in this text does not neccessarily correspond
with those of my organization or employer.
These are my opinions, as a private individual.