Forms 3.0 to 4.5 Question

From: 3rihel$r46_at_warp.cris.com <102134.3627_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1996/01/11

I am doing some research on converting 3.0 to a GUI. When looking at 4.5 as a possibility, the following question comes to mind:

Just how much of 3.0 "converts" to 4.5? I realize the basic functionality is okay, but in an application with several hundred simple to moderately complex forms to be converted, what has been your experience in the percentage that are actually smooth conversions (discounting things like fonts, typefaces, etc...) and realizing that some of the code may be better suited for database procedures and triggers once the conversion is complete.

I'm looking for real life success and/or horror stories. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me direct at:

102134.3627_at_compuserve.com or
dhinkle_at_interramp.com

TIA...

  • Dan -