Re: Printing Text in PL/SQL

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1996/01/11

In <4d0f2t$ra7_at_sunti1.sdm.de>, rest_at_sdm.de (Johannes Rest) writes:
>Hello!
>
>i'm having difficulties in printing text in PL/SQL. In my current
>project i have to use an PL/SQL-Procedure within an ordinary SQL-Script.
>The PL/SQL Procedure calls an stored procedure, in which error messages
>are generated. Now i need to print out these messages in an log-file.
>Unfortunatet i can't use the text_io package. I tried to use
>the dbms_output package, but it's only use is to write on an
>buffer.
>
>Any hints how to get those messages to standart-out?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Johannes

You could: 1) Create a table to store your error msgs and

              do an insert or
           2) Use Dbms_Output.Put_Line(...) in your procedures and
              Spool the buffer to a file.
              For example:
                      set serveroutput on
                      spool chkmsg
                      _at_scriptname.sql
                      spool off

M.Landa Received on Thu Jan 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message