Re: [Q] Forms 4.5 - won't display/update from multiple tables

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1996/01/11

Set up 3 base-table blocks, one for each table. Selecting rows into the first block is easy. For the other two: Select columns where TAB2.ID in (select TAB1.ID from TAB1 where...<use the same where-clause as you did for block1> order by <use the same order as block1> )

See if this works.
Steve Cosner

In article <DKxpDq.1s6_at_statcan.ca> youngpa_at_statcan.ca (Paul Young) writes:

>I am building a form (Forms 4.5.6) to update a few columns.
>The problem is these columns are on three different tables.
>
>I have 3 tables, say TAB1, TAB2, TAB3 and want to display a few
>fields from all 3 tables on one record in a block. TAB1 is the
>controlling table: it contains an ID which is used to retrieve the
>corresponding fields from TAB2 and TAB3. ID is the unique key for
>all tables. TAB1 is related to one row in TAB2. TAB1 is related
>to one row in TAB3.
>
>I want to display more than one record at a time and be able to
>update any of the non-key (VAR1..VAR4) fields. For example,
>
> TAB1.ID TAB2.VAR1 TAB2.VAR2 TAB3.VAR3 TAB3.VAR4
> TAB1.ID TAB2.VAR1 TAB2.VAR2 TAB3.VAR3 TAB3.VAR4
> TAB1.ID TAB2.VAR1 TAB2.VAR2 TAB3.VAR3 TAB3.VAR4
<snip> Received on Thu Jan 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message