Oracle / MS-Access and SQL

From: Stephen Custer <xeus_at_crl.com>
Date: 1996/01/10

I'm going to be doing some work for a company that has Oracle 7.1.3 running on a HP 9000. Their LAN is a Novell Netware set-up. They have a ODBC driver installed.

Presently, they have a Access database that users access for reporting purposes. All of the existing Access queries are based on snapshots of Oracle tables and they create new tables to run the reports off of. Not very client server.

Are pass-through SQL queries exceedingly slow? The previous developer indicated that it is faster to make a table on a local network drive, and then run queries against it.

I'll test this theory next week, but I would be interested in any comments on this topic.

Thanks!

Steve Received on Wed Jan 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message