Re: Error return Codes of OCI-functions 'ocom' and 'orol'

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1996/01/09

In article <4cr2b6$gc0_at_news.rz.uni-passau.de>, berndl_at_piligrim.uni-passau.de (Klaus Berndl) writes:
|> I need a complete list of possible error return codes of the OCI-Function 'ocom'.
|> Another list is required of the OCI-Function 'orol'.
|>
|> Many thanks!
|>
|> Klaus Berndl
That would be any Oracle error that can occur on a commit or a rollback. There's a book of them, about 500 pages or so... :)

Seriously though, if an OCI function returns a non-zero value this means that an error occured. The cda.ra field will be the error code, and you can use oerhms() or oermsg() to get the error message text. Any Oracle error could be returned. The Oracle errors are listed in the Messages and Codes Manual. Received on Tue Jan 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message