Oracle Power Objects and Windows NT 3.51

From: Michal Piaseczny <piaseczn_at_sfu.ca>
Date: 1996/01/08

Hi

I am using Windows NT 3.51 and am trying to use Oracle Power Objects. It will install but will not run and gives a message that says "This application requires a newer version of Microsoft Windows".

I have tried to change the registry setting for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/CurrentVersion from "3.51" to: "3.1", "3.5", "3.11", but this has no effect, and what's more, it changes back to "3.51" when I reboot.

I remember reading about something resembling this sometime ago, but of course I didn't pay attention to it then.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I hope I don't have to go back to Windows 3.1 just to use Power Objects!!

Thanks
Mike Received on Mon Jan 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message