Oracle/Delphi positions in Orange County

From: Kevin Merritt <merrittk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/01/08

Somerset Automation, Inc., the software company that's leading the revolution to automate the warehousing and distribution industries, is looking for a few talented software professionals.

Somerset is a five year old "start-up" software company that recently began redeveloping its award winning Warehouse Orchestrator warehouse management system. We have been porting our legacy system into a thoroughbred client/server application utilizing Oracle 7.2.

We are developing the industry's most intuitive "work-centric" user interface using Borland's Delphi, an object oriented rapid application development tool based on Object Pascal. We plan on offering a Windows 3.1 and a Windows 95 version of our front end.

The demand for our much anticipated Client/Server system mandates that we build a team of top caliber software professionals. We have several openings, including the following positions:

Junior Software Engineers

The ideal candidates for these positions are recent college graduates with one to three years experience. You should know C/C++, understand object oriented programming concepts and have some experience with an RDBMS. You should also have a great deal of enthusiasm and have a desire to learn from and work along side the very brightest people in the software industry. Limited travel may be required for this position.

Senior Software Engineers

The ideal candidates for these positions are college graduates with two to five years experience. You should be an expert level C programmer with some professional experience using C++. You should have a working knowledge of SQL and relational database theory. Some travel may be required for this position.

Oracle PL/SQL Programmers

The ideal candidates for these positions will have a college degree and at least two years of PL/SQL programming experience. Preference will be given to those candidates having experience with multiple databases. Candidates should also be proficient C/C++ programmers with experience developing PRO*C programs.

Project Managers

The ideal candidates for these positions are college graduates with at least one year of successful project management experience. Hopefully your experience will have come from managing software development and implementation projects for a software company that develops vertical market applications. You should have been successful "driving a project home" - that is to say that your project was installed succesfully, on time and within its budget. Knowledge of Microsoft Project, formal specification and documentation development techniques as well as excellent human relations, client relations and written and verbal communications skills are required. Some travel will be required for this position.

Sr. Delphi GUI Programmer

The ideal candidate will have approximately 12 months experience with Delphi including creating visual component libraries (VCLs). You should have a bachelor's degree in computer science and have at least three years experience developing Windows or Macintosh graphical user interfaces for a commercial software product. Knowledge of object Pascal and/or C++ is also very helpful.

Jr. Delphi GUI Programmers

The ideal candidates for these positions are college graduates (recent grad is OK) with at least six months experience developing applications in Delphi. Hopefully you will have been using the object oriented features of the language in developing the client side of a client/server application. You should have experience with SQL and should understand relational database theory. Experience programming in C/C++ and with other Windows based visual programming tools like Visual Basic, PowerBuilder or SQL/Windows would also be very helpful.

Oracle DBA

The ideal candidate for this position will have a college degree and at least three years experience as an Oracle database administrator in a heavy transaction processing environment. Knowledge of Unix, shell scripts and C programming is also necessary for this stragic position.

Software Installers/Trainers

The ideal candidates for these positions will have a college degree (recent grad is OK), posess superior analytical and problem solving skills, and have the desire to travel extensively throughout the United States (and eventually to Australia and Europe). These positions are for "road warriors" who have the capability and inclination to spend six to twelve weeks at each installation site prior to going on to another. The forecast for installations over the next year includes sites in Dallas, Atlanta, New York, Denver, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Seattle, Phoenix, San Francisco, Charlotte and several other major U.S. cities. Preference will be given to those candidates having some experience installing and/or training vertical market applications.

Technical Writers (Sales & Marketing Materials)

The ideal candidates for these positions will have a college degree and at least two years professional experience developing sales and marketing collateral material, preferably for a software company. Artistic talent and thorough working knowledge of graphics software programs (Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, PowerPoint, etc.) is required. Sales and/or marketing experience including experience responding formally to RFP's is considered very beneficial.

QA/Tech Support Manager

The ideal candidate for this position will have a college degree and at least one year of experience working as a QA/Tech Support Manager for a software company. This person will be responsible for creating our new QA/Tech Support Department by helping hire the right people and setting the department's direction, policies and procedures. Hands on experience as a QA/Tech Support Engineer is important. Knowledge of SQL, Windows and Unix is considered very beneficial.

QA/Tech Support Engineers

The ideal candidates for these positions will have a college degree (recent college grad is OK) and at least six months experience as a QA/Tech Support Engineer or junior programmer. Preference will be given to self sufficient candidates who can create there own test scripts and data - knowledge of relational database theory, SQL and Unix shell scripts will provide a means to this ends. Recent college graduates having a degree in Computer Science and who are proficient in C/C++, database and/or Delphi programming should consider one of these positions as an avenue for "getting your foot in the door" towards earning a software engineering position.

Somerset Automation is a fast growing, exciting "programmers company" that offers its employees the opportunity to succeed, avenues for career growth, competitive salary and benefits, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a casual work environment and exposure to exciting new technology. If you are interested in one of the positions outlined above or are interested in creating your own niche (position) in our company, please mail, fax or email your resume to me:

	Kevin Merritt
	Director of Product Development
	Somerset Automation, Inc.
	15707 Rockfield Blvd., Suite 215
	Irvine, CA 92718

	Fax:	(714) 580-3668
	Email:	merrittk_at_ix.netcom.com

Somerset Automation is an equal opportunity employer. Received on Mon Jan 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message