ODBC Driver/Server sources available

From: Rana Peries <csrp_at_uniwa.uwa.edu.au>
Date: 1996/01/07

Dear ODBC Driver/Server developers,

During the last two years, I have developed a substantial amount of ODBC driver code which I would like to provide to an on going ODBC development project. Below is a description of what I have.

ODBC Server

A Unix based ODBC server process which can be accessed by ODBC clients via TCP/IP. While the server was developed and tested with Ingres, there is very little database dependency and can be easily modified to work with any other database or data source.

ODBC Driver

A Windows based ODBC driver (derived from the MS ODBC samples) using the MS ODBC SDK. Currently, this driver is only ODBC Level 2 compliant. This driver uses WINSOCK libraries to communicate with the ODBC Server process on Unix.

ODBC Library

This Library developed for Unix uses the same code as the ODBC driver described above. This allows Unix based client programs to access datasources supported by the ODBC Server.

This code is very general purpose and adaptable to any other database/ network protocol etc. Also, note that this code has been used in several applications currently in use.

If you are interested, please contact me via e-mail or phone. The contact details are given below:

Mr. R. N. Peries

Tel: +61 9 470 6529 (Perth, Western Australia) e-mail: rana_at_cs.uwa.edu.au Received on Sun Jan 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message