US-CA-LA DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR ORACLE DBA

From: Computer People Inc. <cpeople_at_kaiwan009.kaiwan.com>
Date: 1996/01/06

Computer People, Inc. has the following contract position(s) available:

Job Title: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Primary skills: ORACLE DBA GUPTA SQL NETWARE UNIX Secondary skills: PERFORMANCE TESTING, IMPROVE RESPONSE TIME Application: DATA MODELING, DATABASE DESIGN

Industry: FINANCE
Openings: ONE
Location: TORRANCE
Duration: 3-6 months

Rate: 50-60/HR VERY FLEXIBLE FOR THE RIGHT PERSON

H-1 VISA CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE FAX RESUME ATTN: BRYAN/RECRUITING 310-335-4820, THEN CALL 800-388-2647 x246 TO CONFIRM AND DISCUSS. VOICE MAIL IS AVAILABLE.

Computer People is an International Consulting firm with 9 offices across the U.S. as well as from Tokyo to London.

We specialize in placing Computer Programmers for both contract and permanent placement for Fortune 500 clients.

THE RIGHT DECISION
A Career Move With Computer People

STABILITY
We're a public company and we've been providing professional services since 1972. During this time we've become one of the leaders in the U.S. and in Great Britain, and through our representative office in Japan, a burgeoning presence in the Pacific rim.

We pride ourselves on finding and employing the best professionals in the business. We serve the majority of Fortune 500 Companies in the nation as well as many state and local governments. In the years ahead we plan to build on our successful track record in both the United States and the Global Marketplace.

This requires us not only to respond to the current needs of our clients but to expand our services ahead of demand into client/server, open architectures and other new technologies.

TRAINING
The need for responsiveness and our commitment to leadership in our field require we not only hire professionals with current skills but we commit to the training of our existing staff. Staying current with industry standards and developments is a vital part of employment at Computer People.

We offer our staff unrestricted access to the largest library of its kind in the U.S. of self study training material through N.E.T.G.; we have a Tuition Reimbursement Program; and we'll pay for seminars outside the Company if they're beneficial to you and to our clients. When possible we will provide on site on-the-job training through your Site Supervisor or Area Technical Manager.

CAREER GROWTH
Computer People is neither limited to location nor discipline. We are able to offer you challenging work with generous rewards, the opportunity to broaden your technical expertise and to relocate if you desire.

With an ever changing technical base and with a client base stretched across the US, Europe and the Pacific Rim, you could gain not only valuable experience working in different companies but also living in different cultures.

EXPERTISE
Our client base represents most industries and as a result our staff can be found in environments from mainframes to networks, from hierarchial to relational databases. We have designed, developed, and maintained software applications from manufacturing to banking.

We provide our clients tailored solutions on a time and materials or full project responsibility/outsourcing basis, and you can play a part in any one.

BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Hard work deserves reward and recognition. At Computer People you will receive regular performance reviews. These are vital to maintaining the consistent, high quality of our services as well as to your personal advancement and growth. Your financial review will be administered on an annual basis. Additionally, we offer exceptional bonus programs and excellent benefits. These programs are:

ATTENDANCE BONUS - Its object is to maximize client service by rewarding our professional staff members for putting in normal hours with our clients. It will further financially reward you for those hours that are in excess of normal hours. These bonuses are in addition to the payment of straight time overtime earned in each pay period.

EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS - The purpose of this program is to reward our professional staff members for bringing in top quality professional staff to our Company. You will receive a bonus for each of your registered referral candidates we hire once they have been employed by us for a 90-day qualifying period.

EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Fully salaried employees are entitled to 10 days vacation per year (this increases with length of service), 7 sick days per year, 9 public holidays per year, and:
* Medical coverage

  • Life Insurance
  • Accidental Death Insurance
  • Dismemberment Insurance
  • Short Term Disability
  • Long Term Disability Insurance

There are additional options for dental and family/dependent coverage.

The Company also provides both a 401(k) Savings Plan (the Company matches to 3%) and a Section 125 Plan. Further information can be obtained from any of our offices.

Benefits are subject to periodic revision and are detailed in our Employee Handbook.

MISSION STATEMENT
Computer People is committed to leadership in its industry, providing professional service solutions with a premium on quality, fairness, consistency and truth, earning the trust and respect of its clients and employees.

We at Computer People are proud of our Company and proud of our Mission Statement. It embodies everything we stand for and intend to achieve. It appears everywhere we need to make a statement about our commitment- our offices, our presentations, and on our business cards.

We want every employee to share those same beliefs and likewise expect you to look at our Company to see whether we meet your criteria for stability, growth, expertise and benefits.

We have tried to address the most important issues. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to raise them with one of our professional recruiters.

Call 800-388-2647 x246 Bryan Craig will be happy to talk with you about permanent as well as consulting opportunities that are available.

Resume's should be addressed to Bryan Craig/Recruiting 310-335-4820

We always have openings for the following positions and urge you to send in a resume even if a current REQ # has not been issued:

Mainframe, Client/Server and Front-End Development

Mainframe Skills:

COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS
CASE TOOLS: ADW, IEF
AS400 - RPG & COBOL
ADABAS/NATURAL
VAX/VMS/COBOL
MVS VM/VSE Client/Server: DEVELOPERS AND DBA'S

ORACLE/SYBASE/SQL SERVER/INFORMIX/INGRES Front-End Tools:

GUPTA SQL WINDOWS
POWERBUILDER
VISUAL BASIC
ACCESS
OMNIS
DELPHI
ALL X-BASE (PARADOX, FOXPRO et.al.)
C - UNIX & WINDOWS DEVELOPMENT

--
Computer People, Inc.
Publically Trading on the London Stock Exchange