Re: Query Timings

From: Raju Patel <rpatel_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1996/01/05

You need to set SQL_TRACE=true for that session or globally in the init.ora. For the session, use the command ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=true. You must also have TIMED_STATISTICS=true in the init.ora. Then, when you run a query, it will generate a trace file in the user_dump_dest directory. This is a raw trace file. You will then need to use tkprof to format the trace file. In 7.1, look at the Application Developer's Documentation. In 7.2, take a look at the Server Tuning Doc.

Raju Patel
Senior Database Consultant
Elite Systems Integrators
rpatel_at_hooked.net