Re: VB4EE and Oracle 7.1.3.2.1

From: Bruce Murphy <no email>
Date: 1996/01/05

==========Vivekanandhan Raja, 1/4/96======wrote: > This appears to be a simple setup problem. Do the following :

>  (1) Check the TCP/IP vendor u chose during SQL*Net V1 install -- this

> will be in you ORACLE.INI.
> (2) Check the presence of a file called VSL.INI in your WINDOWS dir. > (4) If u had chosen WOLLONGONG PATHWAY ACCESS (DOS) as your vendor u
> must have the following DLL under ORACLE_HOME\BIN -- MPATHWAY.DLL. If
you
> had chosen WOLLONGONG PATHWAY ACCESS Runtime (WINSOCK) then look for
> MWINSOCK.DLL.

Yes, I checked all this before and all the files you mention exist okay. I called Oracle and Microsoft and spent alot of time to find out that the only driver that will truly work with Win '95, VB, and Oracle is the one that Intersolv puts out. Oracle told me that they had sold off the ODBC portion of their business to Intersolv and that they will be handling all 32-bit drivers in the future. The Visigenic driver that Oracle ships out is only meant to be used on Win NT and Oracle will not support a Win '95 configuration of this driver.

I am considering the Intersolv driver at the moment, but the cost to implement the driver with an application could be expensive since it is sold on a per user basis. Received on Fri Jan 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message