How to keep MS SQLServer & Oracle6036 in synch?

From: Nigel Harwood <nharwood_at_coles.com.au>
Date: 1996/01/04

Folks,

We are considering a large implementation of client/server technology. This implementation must work with an existing UNIX box running Oracle 6.0.36.
The new servers will be WinNT and could be MS SQLServer (another choice could be Personal Oracle, better?).

Can anyone suggest how we can synchronize tables between the two databases on a frequent (multiple times a day) basis?

Replication would be great but I suspect that it will not be supported between these two?

Export/import would work but would be too slow.

Could Oracle*SQLNet help with any of this?

We could write our own sockets based client/server update programs but would rather not if we can help it. If we had to though, how would ODBC factor into this? Or, would we just use Pro*C on the Oracle side?

Any thoughts, experiences, or suggestions appreciated.

I will summarize to this group any responses.

Regards
--

<<  Post: Coles Supermarkets, PO Box 480, Glen Iris 3146, Australia >>

--

The opinions of the poster do not necessarily represent those of the company. Received on Thu Jan 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message