Re: Pro*C Source Beautifier ???

From: Bill Thorsteinson <billthor_at_cesani.newforce.ca>
Date: 1996/01/04

Michael Faklis (essmjf_at_netcom.com) wrote:
: I've attempted to use the HP-UX UNIX program cb(1) to reformat
: my Pro*C source, but it doesn't know what to do with the SQL
: statements. Is there a source reformatter that respects Oracle
: SQL?

: --
: Michael Faklis E-mail: essmjf_at_netcom.com
: Evolutionary Software Systems Phone: (415)864-5596
: 4304 17th Street FAX: (415)864-3597
: San Francisco, California 94118-1805

: At PacBell (San Ramon): 4W500F (510)823-1810 m4jfakl_at_sr.pacbell.com

I use indent (gnu) and it doesn't make too much of a mess of Pro*C sql statements. It also allows you to place comments before and after the SQL to turn it off and on.

I haven't found a pretty printer for Pro*C yet.

A bonus is the ability to configure indent to your standards. Built-in configurations are K&R, gnu, and berkley if I remember right.

It's avialable from most of the source sites and has been ported to DOS as well as UNIX.

/Bill Thorsteinson Received on Thu Jan 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message