Re: CICS M/F Access From Oracle (digital Unix) <Sqlnet (TCP/IP)>

From: Jonathan Eunice <jonathan_at_mv.mv.com>
Date: 1996/01/03

Omer Farook Kose-Shahul (721.4992_at_mcimail.com) wrote:

> Is there a way to access mainframe CICS programs
> from Oracle/Digital Unix/sqlnet (tcp/ip). We installed
> SNA Server on Dec Alpha and linked to Mainframe via
> (8 T1 - SDLC) link. Do we need custom made APPC/CPIC
> program which can be called from ORACLE FORMS client or
> is there any third party software/solution available? What
> about SQL connect? Or SQLNET based solutions ?

This is probably overkill in your situation, but if you need transaction management on Digital UNIX, you might consider the portable version of CICS running there also. CICS for Unix has reasonably tight over-the-wire integration with other versions of CICS.

--
Jonathan Eunice                       Director, client/SERVER Companion
jonathan_at_illuminata.com   |   http://www.illuminata.com/people/jse.html