Re: Reappearance of statistics!

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1996/01/03

If you look at the commands in the export file you will find an  ANALYZE TABLE tablename
command for every table you exported. This follows the data and creation of indexes. There may be a run-time switch that defaults to YES to put this into the file. If so, then you should be able to override the default IF you use a parmfile.

--Steve

On 27 Dec 1995, badri wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am trying to analyze the "mysterious" reappearance of
> statistics. I exported the entrire database (none of the tables
> had statistics) to a different machine and the init.ora file
> has optimization set to rule and *ALL* of the tables have statistics
> now - how? Does export cause it to get statistics? Seems counter-intuitive.
>
> Any leads appreciated,
> thanks a lot,
>
> -Badri

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Wed Jan 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message