Re: Reappearance of statistics!

From: Chris Hamilton <chamilto_at_sratech.com>
Date: 1996/01/03

badri_at_cc.gatech.edu (badri) wrote:

> I am trying to analyze the "mysterious" reappearance of
>statistics. I exported the entrire database (none of the tables
>had statistics) to a different machine and the init.ora file
>has optimization set to rule and *ALL* of the tables have statistics
>now - how? Does export cause it to get statistics? Seems counter-intuitive.

When you do an import, the tables are analyzed after the data is loaded. I think you can avoid this (if you want to save time) by creating the tables first, then loading the data.

| Chris Hamilton -- chamilton_at_sratech.com         |
| http://www.sratech.com/cowpb/chamilton.html     |
| SRA Technologies, Inc. -- City of Washington PB |