Changing SCN and control file info.

From: <azasadny_at_oldedisc.com>
Date: 1996/01/03

We have a Sequent Dynix/PTX ver 4.1.2 and Oracle Server Ver. 7.1.6. Our batch operations which run during the night load the tables from our IBM machines. We need to turn off Archiving during the batch operations. We also do a plex switching via SVM (for mirroring). We want to use the detached mirror as a recovery disk in case of batch problems. All table spaces (raw data files) are mirrored except one table space and this is due to the fact that this table changes once a month and the table is too big (23 mill. rows).

When a recovery is tried using the unhooked plex, the Data base won't start up due to difference in SCN's. Does any one know how to change SCN and the control file so that the data base can be started?

One of the options we have is to mirror the History (23 Mill. rows) and that's not what we are looking for. Received on Wed Jan 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message