Re: find out who is connected to server, How ?

From: Janos Geller <jgeller_at_panix.com>
Date: 1996/01/03

DBilodeau (dbilodeau_at_aol.com) wrote:
: The ORACLE.INI file on each client can contain the line USERNAME=xxx and
: this is then available by querying the v$session table. I dynamically
: build the ORACLE.INI and imbed the network user's name in this line during
: client boot.

: ..Dave

True. I've been using this approach (actually, I define the USERNAME environment variable under OS/2, but it could be in CONFIG.ORA as well) for quite a time now connecting to V6 on various platforms. To my surprise, using V7 only SQL*Net V2 supports this solution, while we are going to have a few TCP/IP SQL*Net V1 clients for the foreseeable future. I wonder if Oracle could be convinced to support this in SQL*Net V1 -> ORACLE V7 as well...

  • Janos