Re: Correlated subqueries slow as hell?

From: <deangup_at_admin.ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: 1996/01/02

> jpanico_at_netcom.com (Joe Panico) writes:
>
> My question has two parts:
>
> 1) MYTABLE has an SSN and an ID column, among others. ID is unique,
> SSN is not. If I want to see all the attributes for each row that
> contains a *unique* SSN, and for those SSNs which have multiple rows
> I don't care which row I see, how should I form the query?

I wonder if this might be a data modeling problem? It sounds like you are trying to store information about
something you identify by SSN in a table whose primary key is ID. If you are willing to create a new table whose primary key is SSN, and carry SSN as a foreign key in MYTABLE, this situation might improve. Received on Tue Jan 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message