Re: Help! Simple questions.

From: Michael Abbey <msabbey_at_magi.com>
Date: 1996/01/01

deng mei <mdeng_at_julian.uwo.ca> wrote:

Personal Oracle7 is very sensitive to TSR's (or whatever they are called in Windows) as well as the amount of memory avaliable. Even though Oracle insists PO7 should run comfortabley in 8 megs, 16 is even better and 24 or 32 is HIGHLY recommended.

The product user profile message can be suppressed by logging into SQL*lus as SYSTEM and running a script called PUPBLD.SQL which I believe is in %ORACLE_HOME%/rdbms71 or something like that. If it is not there, use the file manager to find the file.

Michael