Re: Forms4.5 questions (passing parms betw/ forms & problem w/ select statements)

From: nix <nix_at_gate.net>
Date: 1995/12/31

Janice Powell wrote:

> I have 2 Forms4.5 questions.
>
> 1) I have an application that consists of 2 forms (formA and formB).
> FormA is initially executed and depending on which option is chosen, a
> "call_form" statement is issued for FormB. When I execute the
> call_form, I pass some parameters over to FormB and that works great.
> My question now is how do I pass parameters back to FormA when I exit
> FormB?

Globals.

> 2) I seem to be having a bit of difficulty using block items in the
> where clause of SELECT statements. For ex., I have an Order block that
> contains the item -- stock_num. I want to do a select statement to
> find all customers that purchased products where the stock number =
> '040'.
> If I execute the following statement
> select * from customer where customer.stock_num = :order.stock_num;
> I get no rows selected. But when I display the value of
> :order.stock_num it = '040' just as I expected it to.
> Then execute the following statement:
> select * from customer where customer.stock_num = '040';
> And I get the rows I expected. I'm puzzled, though, as to why I'm not
> getting anything when I use :order.stock_num in the 'where clause' of
> the select statement. Has anyone ever had this experience?

Verify that the stock_num column in the table is a VARCHAR2 and not a CHAR (due the quotes I assumed that it is not a number datatype).

CHAR is a fixed length string (in Oracle7) and thus is padded with spaces.

Robert C. nix_at_gate.net Received on Sun Dec 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message