Re: Power Objects: Why so slow?

From: Alan Reinhart <res1_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1995/12/31

In article <nwms-2312951816500001_at_pm1-s7.owt.com>, nwms_at_oneworld.owt.com (Jeremy Wells) wrote:

~ I just downloaded and ran the 90 day trial version of OPO for both Mac and
~ PC. While its feature set is pretty good and it has cross-platform
~ support--I found it to be incredibly slow in looking up info from the
~ local blaze database. Screen redraw was also VERY slow. This was that same
~ after I made a run-time executable also.
~
~ I ran OPO on a PowerMac 7200/90 and a DX4 120Mhz PC (neither of which are
~ *that* pokey).
~
~ Anybody else experience this? Is OPO so slow because it more beta that final?
~
~ Anyone have a better recommendation of a Mac-PC cross platform database
~ that is quick?
~
~ -Jeremy

WOW! My favorite question!! Please check out Omnis 7.3.2 from Blyth Software. They have a great web page at www.blyth.com. You can have a PPC Native development environ that will knock the sox of OPO!!

Regards -

--

Alan R.

"...Staying barely alive, pumping blood and exchanging gases
just enough to sustain life - but certainly not enough that
anyone suspects me of sentience..."

Annie Dillard - 'An American Childhood'