Forms4.5 questions (passing parms betw/ forms & problem w/ select statements)

From: Janice Powell <powell_at_clemson.edu>
Date: 1995/12/29

I have 2 Forms4.5 questions.

  1. I have an application that consists of 2 forms (formA and formB). FormA is initially executed and depending on which option is chosen, a "call_form" statement is issued for FormB. When I execute the call_form, I pass some parameters over to FormB and that works great. My question now is how do I pass parameters back to FormA when I exit FormB?
  2. I seem to be having a bit of difficulty using block items in the where clause of SELECT statements. For ex., I have an Order block that contains the item -- stock_num. I want to do a select statement to find all customers that purchased products where the stock number = '040'. If I execute the following statement select * from customer where customer.stock_num = :order.stock_num; I get no rows selected. But when I display the value of :order.stock_num it = '040' just as I expected it to. Then execute the following statement: select * from customer where customer.stock_num = '040'; And I get the rows I expected. I'm puzzled, though, as to why I'm not getting anything when I use :order.stock_num in the 'where clause' of the select statement. Has anyone ever had this experience?

Any info you can provide for either question would be much appreciated. Please send replies to the newsgroup and/or to my e-mail address of powell_at_clemson.edu.

Thanks.
--JP
Janice Powell
Programmer Analyst
Clemson University
Clemson, SC Received on Fri Dec 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message