Windows BATCH utility for Sqlplus scripts

From: Porus Homi Havewala <porushh_at_zip.com.au>
Date: 1995/12/29

Hello Jay,

> Jay Mehta <71034.261_at_compuserve.com> wrote:
> >
> > Windows 3.1 doesn't offer batch processing capability, and that's a
> > problem. I am not aware of any third party batch processing utility for
> > Windows 3.1.

I am using Winbatch from Wilson Windowware, Inc., an American company. Its a great Windows batch processing utility - in conjunction with Nlmauto for netware, I use it to start Windows Oracle Sqlplus scrips automatically at night.

Pauli Salmu suggested:

> Really, I once made a rather small and simple VB program which calls Forms
> generator

You can do the same with Winbatch, in about 1/3rd the time. Visual Basic is a compiler, whereas winbatch is a true interpretive batch processor.

Regards,

Porus. Received on Fri Dec 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message