Help! How can I return a result set from a stored procedure.

From: Maruf Ahmed <muppa1_at_osf1.gmu.edu>
Date: 1995/12/29

Hi,
I would really appreciate help in figuring out how I can return a result set from a stored procedure. For eg., I have couple of complex queries that ultimately returns to the application couple of rows. Rather than writing a complex and large SQL query from the application I would like to call a stored procedure and pass the necessary parameter and get the result set back from the stored procedure. Another question, while I am at it, is can I do a outer join with a table and a cursor in a SP? eg, table 1 has fields SSN and Name , cursor 1 is Select SSN from Table2 where date = xx, is it possible to now do a outer join on table1.ssn = cursor1.ssn (+) ? Thanks a lot for any reply.
:Maruf   Received on Fri Dec 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message